Fall has been pretty busy for us, Tess started Pre-K this
year and it’s been pretty different for her. She has gone from a fun all the time
experience at daycare to a very structured learning experience at school. I
wanted to take a first day of school picture but the only way she would let me
take a picture of her was if I let her take a picture of me also, so we both
had a first day of school picture. 
We had a couple more Astros’ games
to go to and Tess was disappointed a couple times because they had the kids play area closed. They had the area closed for a long time this year because they were waiting on a part, one afternoon we consoled her by letting her sit on the Astros Pig and taking a picture. She was a little apprehensive at first but by the end of it she didn’t want to get down. She loves stopping by Astros Mickey and always remembers him and wants to stop by and say hello, now if mom and I can remember which end of the ballpark he is at we wouldn’t have to walk so much. We are looking forward to another season of baseball and teaching Tess more about America’s favorite pastime.
One afternoon on my way home from work I noticed a huge
column of smoke and wondered to myself what could that be and then thought hmm
that sucks for the people it impacts. Little did I know those “people” would be
me. There was a Power Plant that caught on fire which means they had to cut the
power until they put the fire out. Clayton was at work so it was just Tess and
I, and we had power for all of 15 minutes when I got home. I looked through the
pantry for something to eat and we had a little picnic. We played some games
and I realized that it was starting to get dark and the power was still not on
so we needed to start getting ready for bed or we were going to be doing it in
the dark. Tess was excited because she carried the lantern around after the
house started to get dark. Right after Tess went to bed the power came back on
and I had to walk around the house and turn off all the lights that we had left on.
It was a nice quiet evening without the modern comforts we are used it. It’s
about as close to camping as this girl is going to get.
We took a trip up to Bedford to visit the family in
September and took Tess on her first Putt Putt experience. She was not that
thrilled with the golfing part but was super pumped about the games afterwards.
She did pretty well, except she likes to swing the club
around once she is done putting.
One night when I was getting ready for bed I looked in the
monitor and I realized that Tess had fallen asleep while petting Lexi. Lexi
started sleeping with Tess awhile back and it works well for both of them, Lexi
likes to sleep on the bed and Tess likes a companion. Some nights when I am
putting both of them in bed Tess tells me she is not tired and doesn’t want to
go to bed and I will tell her she can pet Lexi for a minute but she needs to
get back under the sheets and lay on her pillow so both her and Lexi can go to
bed. I guess this night she was a little more tired than she originally
thought.
Tess is doing great at school, we get these little picture
updates from her teacher sometimes showing us what they are working on. I can’t
believe my baby is going to be in kindergarten next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment