Friday, December 9, 2016

Built-in Shelving

Clayton and I realized after Tess’s birthday that we needed a lot more storage upstairs for all her toys and nick knacks. We looked around and I could not decide on anything that I really wanted and one night he looked at me and said well I could build you something, I think he regretted saying it right after it came out of his mouth. My simple shelving unit morphed into a built-in that took up most of one wall in our upstairs play room.

I took a week off from work and Clayton and I started the process of building our built-in shelving unit. The whole process took about 3 days and it was nice because we had the Olympics on the whole time. We also painted the playroom and decided to rearrange things while we were up there.


I still have some knick-knacks to buy for the top shelves but I am pretty pleased with how the unit turned out. Tess loved it, she kept wanting to go upstairs and play in her pretty room. She thanked Clayton and I so many times for making her play room so pretty for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment