Tuesday, March 22, 2016

December 2015

One busy month into another. One thing I love about December is Christmas decorations and with our decorations is the snowball gun. We had multiple snowball fights throughout the month. I took pictures of one fight to show the aftermath and how many snowballs we have acquired over time. Tess loves to have these fights and I am pretty positive that Clayton loves these fights as well.

Tess had a Christmas party at Daycare and by the look on her face when we walked in I think she was pretty excited that both Clayton and I showed up to the party. She obviously had a lot of sugar during the party and she was bouncing off the walls. The room did a book exchange, so everyone had to sit in the circle and the teachers passed out the books and everyone opened up their books. Tess got a Toy Story book and she was pretty excited. After they completed the book exchange we gathered all of Tess’s stuff and took her home to try and clean her up because we had a surprise for her.

After the Daycare Party we cleaned Tess up and changed her and then told her that we were going to Zoo Lights. She was really excited to go to the zoo so we had to explain that it’s more Christmas lights with some animals. She was fine as long as she was able to see some animals. She had a good time with the Braun Family looking at Christmas Lights, seeing some animals, going on the carousel and playing at the zoo after dark. She had so much fun she passed out on the way home.

This was our first Christmas in the new house and since Clayton was working Christmas Day we decided to give Tess her Presents early. A funny story about her present is that I knew she wanted some ponies and I had looked all over for a pink unicorn that could fly and I thought I had found one and it was a little more expensive than the rest but I really didn’t care because I had found what she wanted. Little didn’t I know it was three times the size as the other ponies, she didn’t care. The big one is actually her favorite one.

Christmas Eve was spent at the Fedon residence where we ate a wonderful meal and played some old school Nintendo. We were amazed that it still worked so well and actually looked pretty good on the TV. I posted pictures on facebook and so many people commented about the fact that it was an old-school Nintendo and how awesome it was that we still had one. It was a nice low key Christmas Eve spent with good friends/neighbors.

Tess and I woke up early on Christmas Morning and made our way to my parents’ house to open presents with the Braun family. Tess received a dress up set from my mom so she dressed everyone up while my mom was putting the finishing touches on lunch. Tess even dressed Roscoe up. After lunch we headed up to the station to see Clayton for a little bit before heading home. Tess had a long day, she got up early and didn’t take a nap.

We headed to Dallas that Monday to celebrate Christmas with the Harris Family. When we got there she was so excited to see her Mickey Tree. It took her awhile to see all the presents under the tree. Granny came over for lunch and after we ate Tess opened up her presents. Once Tess opened her Presents we immediately took Christmas down and got into party mode. That Saturday we were helping Mona host an 80th birthday party for Granny.

Tuesday evening I flew to Corpus to meet my mom so that I could attend a funeral of a very sweet woman who took me in during my college years. She was my roommate’s grandmother who passed away the day after Christmas. I flew back to Dallas on Wednesday evening. While I was in Corpus the Harris Family went to ICE and had a blast.

On Thursday we were back in full party prepping mode. We had a lot to do before Saturday and only had 2 days to accomplish it. The party was great and I think Granny had a great time. We saw a lot of people and I met a bunch of people. We were glad when Saturday night came so that we could relax a little.

We did have fun in Dallas and had to take our puppy picture before we left. Tess has many pictures with this same puppy throughout the years she has visited Dallas. We had to be out of the house early one morning so we went to eat pancakes at IHop and Tess had to sit next to Nana. This picture perfectly shows their relationship.

When we got home from Dallas we were exhausted and ready for a vacation from our vacation. Tess was ready to play. Tess busted out the Legos and wanted her daddy to help her make a Lego castle. I am not very good at building things for her so she always defaults to her daddy to build her things. I think this is a constant in his life. He builds me tables and her castles. Don’t think he will ever get away from building things.
One night I got out of the shower and could not find Tess and Clayton. They were in her bed watching a movie or one of her shows. He usually doesn’t put her to bed but since they were already in bed and ready I let him put her to bed that night.

We have really had a great year, I wouldn’t change a thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment