Friday, November 14, 2014

Saying Goodbye...


A couple of weeks ok we had to say goodbye to a very special person. Clayton had a very unique relationship with his grandparents. He grew up very close and still has a lasting bond with his father’s parents. That bond is the type of relationship that I am trying to replicate with my little one and her grandparents. Clayton’s grandfather hadn’t been doing very well and was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. We got the call that he had decided to let nature run its course and we packed our bags and headed to Dallas to make sure we were able to spend some time with him and the family before everyone had to say goodbye. We got to Dallas Friday evening and headed up to the hospital and spent a little bit of time with him but didn’t stay long so that he was able to rest. Clayton got up early Saturday morning and headed up to spend some time with Granny and I headed up around lunch. To say it was a great day is an understatement. The babies all played together in the waiting room, most of the cousins were together hanging out and you could feel this peace around everyone. Each of us had our moments where we would break down but we were all there for each other, that’s what family is for. Most everyone left early afternoon to either get ready for the Aggie game or start getting dinner prepared and give the little ones some outside time because it was truly a beautiful day outside. Granny had just finished dinner and received a call from Ray that he had peacefully passed away on the night of October 11, 2014. Family and Friends gathered a couple weeks later to say their goodbyes and well wishes. I still to this day catch myself talking about him as if he is still here. I don’t think that goes away in an instance. When I realized Clayton was going to lose his grandfather I realized that there was so much repressed emotion from when I lost mine, and I think through this process of saying goodbye it has helped me say goodbye to both.

No comments:

Post a Comment