Monday, October 27, 2014

The End of Summer


August and September went by in what seems like a blink of an eye. Tess has always loved Mickey Mouse Clubhouse but Clayton and I have worried that if we bought her anything Mickey that she wouldn’t put it down. Well at the beginning of August we decided to give in a little and give Tess her very own Minnie Mouse stuffed toy and she loved it. She was so excited when we gave her the toy. She danced around with the toy and didn’t leave it at the house for weeks. Eventually the newness wore off and she could leave it at home but she has to sleep with it every night.   

 
 That next weekend the motor in our outside AC unit went out and I came home from work to a very hot house. Tess went to my parents’ house and I stayed at the house hoping that someone would come out and take a look at it. Clayton was at work that night so he was at least in the A/C. Since no one was able to come out to take a look until Tuesday. I stayed at my parents’ house all weekend and then we stayed in a hotel on Monday night. I had to fly out to Denver for the day on Tuesday. The AC finally got fixed and the house returned to its nice cool usual self.

The same weekend the AC went out we had already planned on going to the Astros game with my parents after we went to dinner to celebrate Clayton’s birthday. Clayton turned 30 on August 4th , he is an old man now. Well the Astros were playing the Rangers in the Lonestar Showdown. They were giving away cowboy hats and Tess was thrilled to have one. The Astros won that game, which was nice since usually the Rangers win.

 The following weekend, Clayton got a new phone since his was messing up. We brought his old phone to the mall to sell it back to this new machine which happened to be right by the carousel. Tess saw the carousel and had to go for a ride. I went with her and she had fun until she realized that the ride was over and she didn’t get to go again. I got a little motion sick on the ride, I think I will let Daddy go the next time.

One of the weekends that Clayton was at work and Tess and I were home alone, she put my heels on and started walking around. I think she walks better in them than I do.

 

Clayton and I had been getting ready for a garage sale for a while and putting things away in the guest room. We left the door open by mistake and Tess found her old walker. She went in and sat on her walker and kept saying she was driving the car. She had a towel on her head which she wouldn’t take off. She was pretty cute and I couldn’t resist taking a picture

 

We went to HEB and Tess saw the pumpkins and I put her up there and took one of the best pictures we have of her. We haven’t been to a pumpkin patch since she was a baby and I had thought maybe we could go this year but with everything going on we weren’t able to go back this year. There is always next year.

 
Clayton has been working a lot of weekends so Tess and I went up to visit Clayton up at the station one Saturday. Tess hasn’t been up to the station since she was little so it was a little weird for her. We took some pictures in front of the fire truck and watched a little bit of the A&M game and then I was about to go and meet my parents for dinner when Clayton was called out on a run. Tess was not happy that Clayton had to leave so we stood out in the bay and waved at him as he left and she still as we were getting in the car was crying for her daddy. She went through a couple of weeks of some separation anxiety and didn’t want to leave any family member. It was not awesome when we went to visit anyone.

 
We broke down again and bought a couple Mickey shirts. She hasn’t been that bad, she understands when her shirts are dirty and that mommy has to wash them before she can wear them again. One day I took her picture before daycare because she was wearing one of her beloved Mickey shirts and she was extra cute because her hair was braided in pigtails. I may be a little biased but I think I have the cutest kid around.

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment