Monday, February 6, 2017

Dear Santa, I can explain…

I love Christmas, Tess loves Christmas, and Clayton tolerates Christmas. I love when the time comes to set out all the decorations and put the tree up. Tess would turn the tree on every morning and sometimes at night she would just sit near it. I would ask her sometimes why she was sitting on the floor and she would respond that she like sitting next to the tree and liked looking at it. I like her innocences when it comes to Christmas, like sitting next to the tree made her feel more Christmassy.

Sugar Land has a light show similar to Zoo Lights but less expensive and I think a lot more lights. The Holiday Lights Show is at Constellation Field and we picked one of the coldest nights to go but it made it feel a little more like Christmas. Tess loves Christmas lights so this event was right up her alley. She liked walking around looking at all the lights and they do a good job with the display. There is so much to see in the small space. We also had never been to the field so it also gave us a chance to see the field for the first time.

This year we had Christmas at our house, Mona and Kevin came down and all the Brauns came over. It was a big crowd but fun was had by all. My little girl did so good, she woke up early, around 6 or 6:30 but she played on her iPad or watched Christmas Movies till about 9 when we all ate breakfast and then started opening presents. Since everyone was in one place this year, the present pile was ridiculous. Most of them were for her, but she helped me distribute the presents out to the family and then she had so much fun opening up everything. Everyone had a lot of fun watching Tess enjoy her Christmas.

Christmas wore everyone out this year, we did a big breakfast and a big lunch so everyone was full and content most of the day. Clayton used his Christmas present and smoked a huge brisket which turned out great and we had all the fixings to go with it. All in all we had a great Christmas this year, we are blessed and I can’t complain.

We had friends over for New Year’s Eve, we were so busy having fun that I didn’t get any pictures. We did do some fireworks for the kids early in the evening and I got a pretty good video. Clayton left me alone with the fireworks guy so I am glad to know that I picked out good ones. Tess didn’t make it to midnight so we had to get our family picture the next morning.


123.mov

No comments:

Post a Comment