Sunday, August 14, 2016

And so a new year begins..

My new year started out by cutting all my hair off, I do this every so often. When I get tired of my long hair I walk into the hair salon and I chop it off. My only requirement is that I can pull it back in a ponytail because there are days that I need my hair out of my face and every night after work my hair goes up in some type of messy bun. This isn’t the shortest I have ever gone but it’s pretty close. I do know that I tend to cut my hair this short in the winter and don’t think about the summer humidity while I am doing it. My hair grows pretty fast, and in no time I will be ready to chop the length off again.

Our winter has been pretty low key we spend our mornings hanging around the house with the dogs and our little girl. She spends her mornings lounging around in her new Mermaid Blanket that her Aunt Alicia gave her.

Tess loves her blanket, she sees me use a blanket every day and she gets her blanket out and shimmies down in it. In the mornings, if Clayton is taking her to daycare I have to tuck her in before I leave so she can be all cozy while watching her morning shows. The blanket is her favorite colors and she actually still has room to grow so I think she will use it for a couple more years.

Tess and Clayton have to share Lexi, during the day Tess usually takes up most of Lexi’s time and sometimes she even requests Lexi to be upstairs with her or even in her bedroom. Tess was in our bedroom one afternoon and so was Lexi and all of a sudden things got really quite so I walked in to check on them and Tess had put her headphones on Lexi and wanted Lexi to listen to her show. This Dog is a saint, she lets Tess do just about anything and really doesn’t complain.

We have gone to a couple of birthday parties, one was at the Museum and Natural Science in Sugar Land and she had a really good time. She enjoyed walking around the exhibits, not so much having to listen to the tour, but she liked seeing the different things that they had there. She especially liked the dig site that they had, she could dig for fossils forever. It’s a pretty good place to have a birthday party, they have small rooms set off to the side and they give you a tour and some private time in the dig site. Tess took a nice nap on the way home.

The other party was at a blowup slide place and it was here that we first realized that Tess does some things left handed. She writes, throws, and eats right handed. But she bats, plays hockey and anything else where she has to swing left handed. It’s the weirdest thing.

One of the things that Clayton did to fill up his time was build me a couple of tables. I love to Pinterest and then get Clayton to build me a version of what I have found online. I love my tables so much and I think they turned out looking like we bought them in a furniture store. I have a couple more projects in mind for him to spruce up the house.



Another project that I saw on Pinterest that Clayton built was a desk made from Tess’s crib. We had been trying to figure out what we wanted to do with her crib and Tess needed a place of her own to draw and color. It was a pretty easy project and Tess picked the color of her desktop and even helped paint. She enjoys her time upstairs coloring at her desk and she loves that it is purple.

Tess spent one or her weekends up in Dallas and randomly while in Academy she bee-lined it to the fishing poles and decided that she needed a fishing pole and tackle box. I don’t think she had been fishing before this and I am not sure if she knew what a fishing pole was but ever since that trip she started asking for a fishing pole for her birthday.




Valentine’s Day was pretty uneventful at our house, I made heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes. 






We then ran a couple of errands and Tess wanted to take a picture in the train at the store. I told her that we didn’t have any money to make it work and she asked me if we had to buy some more. Sometimes she says the funniest things.

My Aunt and Uncle stopped by my parents’ house on their way home from a vacation and my brother and I came over for lunch. Tess loves hanging out with her Bubba and insisted that he eat lunch with her on the floor and then they played together. I think she misses him a lot since he moved to Austin, even though he has been back at least once a month since he has moved.

And finally I will leave you with Tess’s school picture, this year her picture made me finally realize that I really and truly don’t have a baby anymore. She is growing up way to fast and I don’t know what I can do about it. I would like time to slow down or even stand still if it could just for a little bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment