Monday, March 2, 2015

Iceland

We decided to visit Moody Garden’s Ice Land this year. This was the first year that the ice sculptures were in Galveston. Clayton and I have been to ICE in Dallas for many years and thought this would be something cool that Tess would enjoy. We had a pretty big crowd, Mona and Kevin were in town for the weekend, my parents came and so did Diana and Matt. Everyone had lunch before heading over to Moody Gardens. Since we went during the day it wasn’t that crowded, some people said that if you went during the Festival of Lights it was a madhouse.

We had to wait in line to get the special jackets to withstand the freezing temps and the smallest jacket that they had was still way too big for Tess. We had to roll up the sleeves but really couldn’t do anything about the height. She walked around and people laughed because you really couldn’t tell if there was a person in there or not because you wouldn’t see any shoes or hands and the hood would cover her face for the most part. But it was pretty adorable.

 Tess and I decided to do the ICE slide and we happened to pick the slowest one possible. I had to propel us down using my hands which I could not feel by the end of the slide. I think she had fun, I couldn’t see her I was just trying to get down as fast as possible so I could stop putting my hands on the ICE.

We walked around and saw all of the sculptures. When Tess was little she would watch a lot of Sponge Bob, more of her Dad’s influence than mine. I tried to get her to watch anything else. Finally she got interested in Mickey and Sponge Bob left us for a while. I wish the theme was different but I think Tess had some fun. Towards the end I think she was over being cold and some of the designs scared her a bit. If the theme is more her style next year we might go but this might be something that might wait a couple of years to repeat. Overall we had fun and it was something new to bring to our ever changing Christmas traditions.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment